The Ayurvedic Wellness Counselor (AWC) Program is based on the first goal of Ayurveda—Swasthasya Swasthya Rakshanam – to preserve the health of a healthy person. Students will gain the tools necessary to better manage the wellness of health. These tools include a comprehensive nutritional education (Ahara), daily routines and practices to maximize health (Vihar) and a clear understanding of the mind and thought processes (Vichara) and their relationship to well-being. This program will be useful for learning Ayurvedic methodologies and Ayurvedic wellness counseling.
Program practical and theoretical subject covers
- The Essence of Ayurveda (Tarka Sankhya and Sharir)
- Ayurvedic Physiology (Dosha Dhatu Mala Vigyan)
- Ayurvedic Psychology (Manasa Shastra)
- Ayurvedic Nutrition & Cooking (Ahara Vigyan)
- Ayurvedic Prevention Science (Swastha Vritta)
- Ayurvedic Herbology (Dravya Guna Shastra)
- Yoga Therapy (Yoga Vigyan)
- Introduction to Ayurvedic Bodywork
- Disease Pathology (Roga Nidan)
- Disease Management (Kaya Chikitsa)
- Review, Clinical Management
The minimum admission requirements for AWC program is high school diploma and basic Anatomy and Physiology.