The objective of the EKG Technician program is to educate students performing electrocardiography. This technique will help them to diagnose primary heart conditions. The students will be able to learn basic anatomy and physiology of the heart and common pathology of heart conditions. This knowledge will help students to communicate effectively with physicians as well as patients. They can further enhance their training in the field of telemetry medicine and onsite cardiac monitoring. Additionally, students will also learn about how to operate and maintain the EKG Machine.
Students will be able to:
- Learn and demonstrate basic anatomy and physiology of the circulatory system.
- Able to properly place electrodes on the patient’s body.
- Able to perform an electrocardiogram.
- Able to interpret the findings of an electrocardiogram.
- Able to effectively communicate the results with physicians.
- Able to properly maintain the EKG Machine.
- Able to practice basic aseptic techniques.
This program is 70 hours long (Instructional and Lab). Upon completion of this program, students will be able to apply for jobs at Hospitals, physician offices, and Urgent care clinics.
Program Length: 3-4 weeks
Also, we are offering the following programs as Hybrid programs: The main purpose of the Hybrid Program is online teaching and practice based on the curriculum requirement.